After 1 year working today I had finished my Final Project. Today I uploaded this sci-fi shortfilm that 1 year ago I started here in Wales.
First of all I begun doing the preproduction of the project, thinking the plot and imaginating it in my mind. I used ToonBoom to do the animatic and Adoble Flash CS5 to do the trailer. I did the trailer with this software because I wanted to do a real action shortfilm with some 3D FX so I had to invent how the scenarios would be.
After the summer I started with the second part of th preproduction that consists on searching the right locations, get in contact with the actors and make a plan of when we had to record and how.
When the preproduction was over I started the production. This part only took me 2 days because the production was only the recording time.
At the end, and the most important part of my project, I did the postproduction that includes color correction of every single scene with DaVinci Resolve Lite, the editing proces with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6. While I did the editing proces I put the music because I wanted match the FX with the music. The postproduction also includes the realization of the FX, that was the 90% of the work of the whole project, with Adobe After Effects CC and finaly includes as well the last part that was insert the Audio FX in order to make the FX more credible.
Here you can see the trailer I did 1 year ago and the final project. Enjoy it 😉
Audio is in Spanish and subtitles in English.
Today I am so happy because today is the day that I can say all the effects of my shortfilm will be done.
This weekend I finished the most important effect, in my opinion, of the shortfilm and another effect as well important. Today I will finish the last effect and I will start with the final credits, the audio FX for each video FX and the subtitles.
Here you can take a look at FX9, the most important effect.
My objective of last week was to do the second holographic PC and after working by several hour on the masks of my own hands I finally get the FX. I am happy because in my opinion it’s better than I expected at the beginning but I know it could be better.
My main objective now is to finish all the FX and if I have more time I will do more details on some of them in order to get them more attractive.
Last week I also did a day to night conversion for the last scene. At the beginning I was skeptical because the scene have to much light but when I did the FX and my classmates saw it they congratulated me for the work done.
Here you can see the holographic PC FX and the making off of the day2night conversion.
After a hard and meticulous work yesterday I finally finished the effect that I planned to do on last week. The most tedious part was do the rotoscope of the hands because I had to do frame by frame although I am sotisfied with the result and if I have time next weekend I will do some extras like putting some light on my fingers in order to get the hands more integrated with the effect.
Here you can see how it looks like.
As I upload on my last post this week I planned to work on the first effect of the shortfilm, the holographic PC. When I made de plan I belive that I can’t reach this goal before the weekend but yesterday and today I could work so hard and now the only thing that is left to finish the FX is make the mask of the hands in order to give more depth to the scene and the FX.
Here you can see 2 pictures, one is from yesterday morning and the other one is from today’s afternoon.
Making Off FX1
Making Off FX2
This month I will stay working back on Wales, on Glyndwr University of Wrexham.
Now I have all the machine effects done in a easy way so my planning for this month is:
- First week – Work on the hologrphic PC (the first time that it appears).
- Second week – Work on the holographic PC (the secon time that it appears).
- Third week – Work on the integration of all the 3D models.
- Last week – Solve the problems if I have someone and work on the audio FX.
Here in Wales I have to work on my laptop so sometimes it’s a little frustrating. I will work as much as I can but now I realizes that I will not get my goals as I thougth. Despite this small problems I think I will get a nice project and a nice shortfilm so I think that have some problems it’s normal in every production.
I try to post a new entry once a week but this week I was working on an effect that was longer than expected so here I upload a new entry about my work.
Despite there are some effects that are not finished now I can say that all the effects are in process. Some of them need an upgrade because now they are so simple by my point of view. What I’m trying to do is to finish all the effects before doing this upgradings in order to get the shortfilm finished. Once all the effects are made I will begin with the detailing.
From now the software that I have used are Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, DaVinci Reolve Lite and Adobe After Effects CS6. To do some of the effects, like the holographic pc I will use Adobe Illustrator CS6 and to do the models 3D I’m not sure on using Maya or Cinema4D.
Here you can see some of the effects that I have done this week:
And here you can see the shrotfilm with the effects under developing and without audio: